It is important that you take the correct vitamins and supplements in your 50s to boost your health and vitality. The choice of supplements is overwhelming and the advice given can be confusing. Looking after your health is important at any age and never more so than in your 50s. In our 50s, we do not digest foods the way we did when we were younger and supplements can play an important role in filling any nutritional gaps.
Which vitamins should I take?
- I believe that there are some fundamental supplements that are worth taking and these include:
- A quality vitamin and mineral supplement
- Probiotics because the digestive system gets sluggish with age
- Omega 3 essential fatty acids since most of us do not get sufficient amounts
- A calcium supplement to prevent brittle bone disease
- A sublingual form of Vitamin B-12
Which vitamin and mineral supplement should I take? Read More…