Ameliorate Skin Smoothing Body Lotion 200ml is designed to treat keratosis pilaris, also known as "chicken skin".
"Goodbye chicken skin". AMELIORATE™ Body Lotion is a brand new technologically advanced skincare product developed to help improve the appearance of Keratosis Pilaris, a rough, bumpy dry skin condition more commonly referred to as KP or ‘chicken skin’ and other dry skin conditions. Often characterised by red spots or bumps on thighs, legs and arms,Keratosis Pilaris needs to be addressed using specific skin smoothing body lotions such as Ameliorate Skin Smoothing Body Lotion.
This patent pending formulation combines optimum levels of Lactic Acid, with a unique multi-active skincare complex of natural ingredients. Together, they nurture and condition, encourage the skin's natural exfoliation process, helping to re-texturise rough, dry, bumpy skin.
- Allantoin – Allantoin has been used for centuries and is well known for the amazing benefits it can bring to skin. It has a fantastic moisturising ability coupled with keratolytic properties which enhance the shedding and renewal of dead skin cells. An all in one ingredient that delivers smoothing and moisturisation!
- Glycerine – A humectant which helps draw water into the skins surface for maximum moisturisation.
- Lactic acid – a naturally occurring alpha hydroxy acid that provides intense hydration and encourages the skin's natural exfoliation process, gently removing the build up of dead skin and replenishing moisture, leaving your skin ultra soft and smooth.
- Milk protein complex – This ingredient binds to the dry areas of the skin’s surface acting as an excellent conditioner. It enhances the superior smoothing effect of AMELIORATE™ Body Lotion and further supports its exceptional moisturising properties.
- Serine – A naturally occurring amino acid. Serine helps to protect, strengthen and improve the appearance of the skin.
- Sodium Lactate – A highly effective moisturiser with a high water holding capacity. Sodium lactate is one of the components of the skins ‘natural moisturising factor (NMF)’, essential in the maintenance of natural hydration.
- Sorbitol – Sorbitol is naturally found in berries, cherries, plums, pears, seaweed, apples and algae. It helps condition the skin and is an effective humectant, drawing water into the skin.
- Sweet Almond Oil – A natural emollient oil produced from almond kernels that protects the skin, keeping it soft and smooth.
- Urea – An intensive penetrating moisturiser, which stabilises the Stratum Corneum, reducing loss of water from the skin’s surface. Urea also has useful keratolytic (shedding) properties to further encourage the skin’s natural cell renewal.
- Vitamin E – An anti-oxidant that provides excellent protection from the damaging effects of free radicals in the skin.
Paraben free and Dermatologist approved.
Find out more about Keratosis Pilaris in Shabir Daya's (Victoria Health's pharmacist) in his article Treatment of Keratosis Pilaris
Directions: Apply twice daily to clean skin. Continued use is recommended to maintain beneficial effects.