L-Tyrosine is one of the 22 amino acids that are used by the cells of the human body to synthesize proteins. Since L-Tyrosine can be manufactured in the body, it is considered to be a non essential amino acid which basically means that we do not need to consume extra l-tyrosine for it to work though supplementation with l-tyrosine can help to alleviate numerous concerns.
L-Tyrosine is found in a number of high protein foods such as cheese, turkey, fish, peanuts and soya products.
Benefits of L-Tyrosine Supplements:
- • L-Tyrosine is required for the manufacture of dopamine which is the mood elevating compound in the brain and therefore l-tyrosine may help alleviate mild depression.
- • Research demonstrates that tyrosine deficiency increases appetite and hence tyrosine supplements may be beneficial for appetite suppression and hence aid weight loss.
- • Aside from dopamine, l-tyrosine converts into other brain chemicals that help concentration.
- • L-Tyrosine is required together with iodine for the manufacture of thyroid hormones.
- • L-Tyrosine is required for the manufacture of stress regulating hormones and may be valuable as supplement for stress and anxiety.
L-Tyrosine supplements dosage range: 500-2000 mg per day.