L-Arginine is an amino acid which is essential to several systems within the body.
L-Arginine is a remarkable amino acid which:
- • Helps improve circulation. L-arginine is a precursor to nitric oxide, a compound that relaxes smooth muscle enhancing circulation.
• A lack of nitric oxide is linked to cardiovascular disease. L-arginine ability to enhance nitric oxide and thus improve circulation, may help offer protection against cardiovascular disease.
- • As a precursor of nitric oxide, l-arginine may help male sexual function.
- • Is required for the production of sperm. Studies indicate l-arginine deficiency is directly linked to lower sperm production and poor sperm motility.
- • Arginine supports the immune system and enhances collagen manufacture to aid wound healing.
L-Arginine dosage range: 500-5000 mg per day.
Do not use L-Arginine supplements if you suffer from herpes and avoid if you have liver or kidney disease.
Find out more about L-Arginine in Shabir Daya's (Victoria Health's pharmacist) article This Amino Acid May Protect You Against Numerous Diseases.