Carbon Monoxide (CO) is an invisible, odourless, deadly gas. Because you can't see, taste or smell it, carbon monoxide can kill you before you know it's there. Today's energy-efficient airtight homes contribute to the problem by trapping CO-polluted air inside the home. When CO is breathed in through the lungs, it bonds with the haemoglobin in the blood, producing a toxic compound called carbohaemoglobin (COHb). COHb produces flu-like symptoms including headaches, fatigue, nausea and dizzy spells. As levels of COHb rise, victims suffer vomiting, loss of consciousness and eventually brain damage and could lead to death.
Carbon monoxide detector provides early warning of the presence of CO in your home through alarm and LED display. An internal power pack will power the alarm for 7 years in normal operating conditions, so there's no need to replace any batteries. A test & reset button makes weekly testing easy.