L-Methionine is an essential amino acid which cannot be synthesized in the body and so must be obtained from the diet or supplements.
L-Methionine helps prevent the accumulation of fat in the liver and is a good source of sulphur, which inactivates free radicals and helps prevent skin and nail problems. L-Methionine is thought to encourage hair growth, prevent hair loss, strengthen nails and may be invaluable as a detoxifying supplement.
• L-Methionine inhibits the accumulation of fats in the liver and promotes bile which breaks down fats.
• L-Methionine is required to manufacture cysteine, a component of glutathione, a potent liver protective compound.
• L-Methionine is converted into SAMe which aids detoxification within the body.
• L-Methionine may help with mood disorders.
• L-Methionine appears to be of great value in reducing the severity of allergic reactions.
• By removing excess oestrogen, l-methionine may help PMS and other female hormonal concerns.
Disclaimer: Information on this web site is provided for informational
purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for the advice provided by your
physician or other healthcare professional. You should not use the information on
this web site for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease, or prescribing
any medication or other treatment.