Essential fatty acids (EFAs) include both omega-3 fats (high in the vital compounds EPA and DHA) and omega-6 fats. EFAs cannot be manufactured in your body but are beneficial to normal health and metabolism. Therefore, EFAs must be obtained through your diet. Although some omega-6 fats are good for your health, the balance of omega-6s to omega-3s is crucial. Unfortunately, most people consume an overabundance of omega-6 fats through their diet. The average omega-6 to omega-3 ratio is now closer to 20:1, and in some cases even 50:1. This can keep you from optimal health! Due to this imbalance the body would benefit greatly from increasing omega 3 essential fatty acids preferably from Krill Oil.
Unlike fish oils, pure Krill oil carries omega-3s in the form of phospholipids -- liposomes or little parcels that deliver the fatty acids directly to your body's cells. Scientific evidence to date has shown that the safest and most effective carriers of EPA and DHA are these phospholipids. Unfortunately, standard fish oils lack this phospholipid complex. Instead they contain omega-3 fatty acids in the less-beneficial form of free triglycerides. Phospholipids are building blocks for cell membranes regulating cellular transport and protecting the cell membranes from free radical damage.
Krill Oil is superior to fish oil because:
- Krill Oil is better absorbed than fish oil - this means you can take one fifth of the dose
- Superb Antioxidant Protection - contains naturally occuring astaxanthin which may protect against free radical damage
- Pollution Free - unlike fish oils which are liable to heavy metals accumulation and other toxins, Krill Oil is at the bottom of the food chain and is collected from pristine seas surrounding Antarctica.
- Renewable Source - Krill are the largest biomass in the ocean and there is no risk from over-harvesting
- Stability - Unlike fish oils, Krill Oil is more stable to rancidity and will last for two years at room temperature
- No fishy aftertaste
Krill Oil is intended to provide nutritive support for cardiovascular, immune, brain and joint health.
Our in-house pharmacist, Shabir Daya has written four articles about Power of Krill
Dosage: Take 2 softgels daily with food
Two Softgels provide: Krill Oil 1000mg supplying Omega 3 fatty acids 300mg, EPA and DHA combined 240mg, Phospholipids 420mg, Esterified Astaxanthin 1.50mg. Other ingredients - Gelatin, Glycerin, Lemon Oil, Purified Water
Do not take if allergic to shellfish. Inform your practitioner if taking anticoagulant medications.